Las Vegas, Nevada702.608.1318
Face Lift Surgery or Rhytidectomy in Las Vegas
A face lift surgery is used to return the face to a more youthful appearance. As we age, exposure to the sun, the pull of gravity, and the motions of facial expressions can cause lines, folds, and sagging skin as our skin loses its elasticity. Face lift surgery can lessen the appearance of some of these effects. The procedure typically involves the removal of excess skin and tightening of tissues, resulting in a firmer, smoother appearance.
Understanding the Face Lift Surgery
A typical face lift involves making incisions in the hairline near the ear, which makes them less visible. The skin will be lifted and repositioned, and excess skin will be trimmed. Dr. Khorsandi will use the best techniques suited for your needs and desired outcome. In addition to skin tightening, he may also remove or reposition excess fat and tighten the muscles.
Types of “Facelifts”
There are many techniques that can be used for facelift surgery. These are some of the few techniques Dr. Khorsandi has experience in:
- Traditional Facelift
- Short Scar Facelift
- SMAS Facelift
- Midface Lift
- Neck Lift
- Liquid Facelift
- MACS Lift
- Thread Lift
- As well as techniques popularized by companies such as Lifestyle Lift™
Before making the decision to undergo surgery, a consultation Dr. Khorsandi is necessary. During the consultation, Dr. Khorsandi will conduct several critical tasks to help you determine if surgery is a good option for you. These tasks include:
- Medical history evaluation. If you are a smoker, you are required to stop smoking for at least 30 days before and after your surgery in order to help you heal faster and with fewer complications.
- Physical evaluation. In addition to your overall well-being, this evaluation includes your facial features. Eyebrows, eyelids, cheeks, chin, neck, and the area around your mouth will be examined to determine the best course of action to give you the results you desire.
- Discuss your reasons for wanting face lift surgery.
- Review a 3-dimensional computerized image of your face and the possible outcomes of surgery. Dr. Khorsandi will offer his recommendations for your surgery based on your needs and facial structure.
- Explanation of the procedure and the techniques employed to create the look that you desire.
- Discuss your expectations. Many patients are satisfied with their surgery results, but final results may differ somewhat from your expectations. Dr. Khorsandi will work with you to understand what you expect in order to deliver a desirable result.
- Explain possible complications. All surgical procedures run the risk of potential postsurgical issues. Complications from facial lift surgery can include temporary or permanent paralysis of facial muscles. Another risk is poor scar healing, although this is typically seen among smokers, which is why Dr. Khorsandi asks that you cease smoking before and after surgery.
What is the recovery time for a Face Lift?
There are several stages to face lift recovery. Post-surgery, you will spend 24 to 48 hours in an aftercare facility for observation. You may take oral pain medication to manage pain. Restrictions include not driving until you are finished taking pain medication and avoiding strenuous exercise for four weeks.
Recovery can vary based upon your overall health. Most patients can expect the following during recovery:
- An improvement in appearance after seven days
- Healing of facial bruises and swelling after 10 to 15 days
- A feeling of facial tightness that may last for 30 days
- The healing along the incisions may take 12 to 18 months. Some slight scarring may occur.
Determining If Facial Lift Surgery Is Right For You
We want you to feel confident and comfortable with your decision to have a face-lift. We encourage you to talk with us about any questions or concerns you have regarding this surgery before, after, or during your consultation. Please contact us for more information and to schedule your consultation.