Six Ways A Tummy Tuck Can Improve Your Health
Without a doubt, the tummy tuck continues to be one of the most popular and sought-after cosmetic procedures across the country each year. The dramatic results that are possible, including the ability to achieve a flat, slim, sculpted abdomen, make the tummy tuck particularly beneficial for after weight loss patients and mothers who are looking to restore their pre-pregnancy body. In addition to the long list of aesthetic benefits of a tummy tuck, the procedure can also be used to address certain medical or structural conditions, and help improve a patient’s overall health and wellness.
The exceptional team at VIP Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, NV, under the direction of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi, is proud to help men and women enhance their look, improve their health, and boost their confidence through tummy tuck surgery and other life-changing procedures. If you are interested in learning about how a tummy tuck can help you look – and feel – better than ever, consider scheduling a consultation with Dr. Khorsandi today and read on to find out more about this exciting procedure.
What does a tummy tuck do?
Formally known as an abdominoplasty, the tummy tuck is designed to improve the abdominal contour, primarily through excess skin removal, and is most often considered a cosmetic procedure. Women who have had children and patients who have lost a great deal of weight are often left with stretched out skin that hangs from their abdomen. Tummy tuck surgery can be used to remove this sagging skin and create a tighter, more toned midsection. It is not considered a weight loss or fat loss tool. Liposuction is often combined with a tummy tuck to eliminate small pockets of stubborn fat and further enhance the patient’s results. Another cosmetic benefit that a tummy tuck offers is the opportunity to correct a pouch or pooch, which is usually the result of a separation of the abdominal muscles (diastasis recti).
Does a tummy tuck improve your health?
While there is no question that a tummy tuck is a fantastic option for transforming your figure, many patients in Las Vegas, NV are surprised to learn that there are also a number of health benefits associated with a tummy tuck. Six ways a tummy tuck can improve your health, wellness, and overall quality of life include:
1. Improve posture: A separation of the abdominal fascia, known as diastasis recti, is common in after weight loss patients and women who have had children. This condition, as well as excess, hanging skin, can contribute to poor posture. When these irregularities are corrected through tummy tuck surgery, patients often report better posture, improved mobility, and a number of other benefits.
2. Less pain: With improved posture and the ability to exercise more comfortably, many patients enjoy a significant decrease in muscle aches and pains following their tummy tuck.
3. Correct a hernia: The weakening or separation of abdominal muscles often results in the development of a ventral hernia. Fortunately, tummy tuck surgery can be used to bring the muscles back together, reinforce them, correct the hernia, and prevent future hernias.
4. Eliminate skin conditions: As a result of excess skin, many patients suffer from chronic chafing, rashes, and other skin irritations. When this excess skin is removed as part of a tummy tuck procedure, the majority of these conditions resolve.
5. Improve continence: Many women struggle with stress urinary incontinence following a vaginal delivery, causing them to leak urine when they cough, sneeze, laugh, or jump. Fortunately, this condition can often be improved, or even corrected, with a tummy tuck.
6. Better mental health: One of the most compelling benefits of tummy tuck surgery is the dramatic effect it can have on a patient’s confidence and self-esteem, which can lead to improved relationships, more success in their careers, and an overall better quality of life.
Can a tummy tuck be combined with other procedures?
Absolutely! Many patients in Las Vegas, NV choose to pair their tummy tuck with additional procedures for more of a full-body transformation, as in the case of a mommy makeover or after weight loss surgery. Some procedures that are often performed with a tummy tuck include:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift
- Butt lift
- Thigh Lift
Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck in Las Vegas, NV?
Most men and women who are in good health, do not smoke, and are at a healthy, stable weight can be considered for tummy tuck surgery. Because the results of a tummy tuck can be severely compromised by future weight gain, it is recommended that women wait until they are certain they are done having children before undergoing a tummy tuck.
The best way to find out with certainty if you may qualify for tummy tuck surgery is to be evaluated by a qualified, experienced, and knowledgeable plastic surgeon. Call VIP Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, NV today to schedule your one-on-one consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi, or take advantage of a convenient online consultation from the privacy and comfort of your own home. Our caring team looks forward to helping you restore or create the body of your dreams soon!