Does A Brow Lift Help Hooded Eyes?
It is widely believed that a person’s eyes play the most important role in their overall appearance. When the eyes are droopy, a person can look tired or worn out. Hooded eyes can even make a person look angry when they’re not. And, of course, sagging eyelid skin or lines and wrinkles around the eyes often age a person well beyond their actual years. Fortunately, cosmetic surgery offers a long list of nonsurgical, minimally invasive, and surgical treatment options to rejuvenate the eyes and keep patients looking youthful and refreshed.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi, along with the experienced team at VIP Plastic Surgery, is pleased to offer a wide range of procedures to help men and women achieve dramatic, beautiful, and long-lasting results. Learn about one of the most popular cosmetic rejuvenation surgeries that can help patients with hooded eyes in Las Vegas: the brow lift.
What is a brow lift?
Brow lift is a transformative cosmetic procedure designed to make dramatic improvements to the upper portion of the face, specifically in the brow, forehead, and eye areas. There are several different brow lift techniques, each of which has its own unique set of benefits. Dr. Khorsandi has a wealth of experience and knowledge regarding the various brow lift methods and will design a customized surgical plan that can best help you achieve your specific goals and ideal outcome.
How is a brow lift done?
Brow lift surgery is a complex procedure and should be personalized to meet the needs of each patient. There are several different approaches that can be used for brow lift, each of which is characterized primarily by the placement of the incision. The best way to determine which brow lift technique is right for you is to be personally evaluated by Dr. Khorsandi. During your consultation, Dr. Khorsandi will thoroughly examine your facial features and discuss your concerns, as well as your ideal outcome, to recommend a customized surgical plan for you. The most common brow lift techniques include:
- Open incision: Also referred to as the coronal lift or traditional brow lift, open incision brow lift involves an incision from ear to ear that is placed near the top of the head. This allows the resulting scar to be well-hidden within the hair. Traditional brow lift gives the surgeon a great deal of control in lifting the brows.
- Trichophytic incision: The trichophytic brow lift includes a beveled incision near the front of the hairline, allowing hair to grow through the incision and conceal the scar.
- Hairline advancement: Many patients with a large forehead take advantage of their surgery as an opportunity to lift the brows as well as reduce the distance between the brows and hairline. This is accomplished by excising a portion of the forehead skin.
- Lateral: The lateral brow lift, also known as a temporal brow lift, is most appropriate for patients who have a downward angling of the outside of their brows rather than full brow sagging. Lateral brow lift is an effective technique for refreshing the patient’s appearance with smaller incisions than a traditional brow lift.
- Endoscopic: Many patients enjoy the minimally invasive nature of endoscopic forehead lift or brow lift. During an endoscopic brow lift, the surgeon makes a series of very small incisions on the scalp, which can later be camouflaged by the hair. Recovery after endoscopic brow lift is often less extensive than traditional brow lift recovery.
Do I need blepharoplasty or brow lift for hooded eyes?
Both eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) and brow lift can produce stunning results and help patients achieve more open, beautiful eyes. It can often be difficult to understand which procedure may be most appropriate for you, though. Generally speaking, blepharoplasty is a fitting option for patients who have excess fat, tissue, or sagging skin on the eyelids themselves, while brow lift may be a better alternative for men and women with hooded eyes caused by the brow itself drooping. Dr. Khorsandi has an exceptional amount of experience with both blepharoplasty and brow lift and can help determine which surgery may be most beneficial for you. In many cases, blepharoplasty and brow lift are performed as a combination surgery for an even more dramatic and striking result.
Refresh your look and turn back the clock with brow lift surgery in Las Vegas, LV
Having hooded eyes or sagging eyelids at any age can be frustrating and discouraging. If your friends and family seem to be telling you more and more often that you are looking tired, angry, or worn out – but you don’t feel those things – then it may be time to explore your cosmetic surgery options. Call the supportive team at VIP Plastic Surgery today to schedule your in-person or convenient online consultation with award-winning board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi, and regain your youthful look and self-confidence with brow lift in Las Vegas.