How Do Men And Women Benefit From Brow Surgery?
If you have entered your 40s or 50s, the chances are good that you’ve begun to notice more significant signs of aging on your upper face and brow. In fact, a large number of men and women develop forehead lines, a drooping brow, and heavy eyes as early as their 30s. Unfortunately, these age-related concerns can impact your face as a whole, often making you look tired, angry, or depressed. Las Vegas, NV board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi and the exceptional team at VIP Plastic Surgery are proud to offer the most advanced and innovative cosmetic surgery techniques, including brow lift, to help men and women turn back the clock and look better than ever. Discover more about the life-changing benefits of Las Vegas brow lift surgery here.
What is a brow lift?
Brow lift surgery is an exciting cosmetic procedure that is capable of making dramatic improvements to the forehead, brow, and eye area. With multiple surgical approaches possible for a brow lift, patients of nearly any age and with varying levels of concern can benefit from the procedure. Some of the most common age-related signs and symptoms that can be addressed with brow lift surgery include:
- Deep forehead lines
- Frown lines
- Drooping eyebrows
- Sagging brow
- Heavy brow
- Downturned eyebrows
- Heavy eyes
- Hooded eyes
- Crow’s feet
- Angry, depressed, or tired appearance
During your initial consultation, Dr. Khorsandi will carefully evaluate your face, discuss your specific concerns and ideal outcome, and answer all of your questions at length to better determine which brow lift method may be most appropriate for you.
How is a brow lift performed?
Depending on the severity of the concerns, the patient’s anatomy and skin elasticity, and other factors, Dr. Khorsandi may recommend one of several different types of brow lift, which include:
- Traditional/open incision: Also referred to as a coronal brow lift, this fairly invasive procedure involves a lengthy incision across the top of the head, several inches behind the hairline. The beveled incision allows hair to grow through it, further concealing the resulting scar and keeping your work discreet, though the results can be dramatic.
- Trichophytic incision: For patients with a low risk of hairline recession, a trichophytic incision – which is placed along the hairline itself – can be a fantastic option. This technique allows the surgeon a high level of control and the ability to achieve stunning, precise results.
- Lateral brow lift: The lateral brow lift is ideal for men and women whose primary concerns lie near the outer corners of the brow, such as downturned eyes and eyebrows. Lateral brow lift offers the advantage of smaller incisions than many other types of brow lift and can help patients achieve a happier, more approachable look.
- Endoscopic forehead lift: For men and women who prefer a less invasive approach, as well as those who may have less severe concerns, the endoscopic brow lift can achieve beautiful, natural-looking results with much smaller incisions and less downtime than traditional brow lift.
Do I need blepharoplasty or brow lift?
Because the brow and eye areas are so closely connected, it can often be confusing to determine which particular procedure may be most appropriate for you. Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, is ideal for men and women who have concerns specifically affecting the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. Lower blepharoplasty can be used to correct hanging upper eyelids, hooded eyes, puffiness under the eyes, and a number of other issues. Unlike brow lift, which can sometimes improve sagging upper eyelids as well as Crow’s feet and frown lines around the eye area, the benefits of blepharoplasty are primarily confined to the eyes themselves.
Using the advanced 3D Vectra Imaging technology, Dr. Khorsandi is able to show patients a simulation of what their results may look like after a particular cosmetic procedure. In many cases, a combination of blepharoplasty and brow lift can produce the most dramatic and attractive outcome. In fact, many patients choose to pair eyelid surgery and/or brow lift with larger procedures, such as a facelift. If you have specific concerns regarding your eyelids or other facial features, be sure to discuss these with Dr. Khorsandi during your consultation so that he can make a custom-tailored surgical plan to help you achieve your ideal outcome.
Rejuvenate your face and look years younger with brow lift in Las Vegas, NV
Without a doubt, both men and women can benefit from brow lift surgery at virtually any age. Whether you have mild to moderate signs of aging or a severely drooping brow that makes you look older than you really are, there is a brow lift option that can help you. If you are ready to refresh your look and turn back the clock, we invite you to call the knowledgeable team at VIP Plastic Surgery to schedule your private consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi today. We look forward to helping you feel more comfortable and confident than ever before with brow lift in Las Vegas, NV!