Liquid Facelift Vs. Thread Lift. Which Is Right For You?
When it comes to the fight against aging, the face takes center stage. Because the earliest and most noticeable signs of aging typically appear on the face, many men and women turn to facelift surgery to help turn back the clock. For patients who are not interested in invasive plastic surgery, nonsurgical facial rejuvenation still makes it is possible to restore a more youthful look. At VIP Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, NV, acclaimed board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi offers a comprehensive suite of cutting-edge facial rejuvenation treatments and procedures to meet the needs and goals of patients. Below you’ll find a helpful comparison of two of the most in-demand nonsurgical treatments available today – the liquid facelift and the PDO thread lift – to give you a better idea of which option may be the best fit for you.
What are my options for a nonsurgical facelift?
If you think surgery is the only option for reversing the signs of facial aging, you may be surprised to learn that modern cosmetic medicine makes it more possible now than ever to turn back the clock without going under the knife. Two of the most popular options for nonsurgical facial rejuvenation in Las Vegas include:
- Liquid facelift: a facial enhancement treatment involving a combination of injectable dermal fillers used to restore lost volume, smooth out lines, enhance flat features, and more
- PDO thread lift: a minimally invasive facial rejuvenation treatment designed to lift and tighten sagging features and boost collagen production with the insertion of dissolvable PDO threads
Should I get a liquid facelift or a PDO thread lift?
The decision between fillers and a thread lift is ultimately up to the patient and their provider, though there are several factors to consider about each treatment that may point to one or the other as being the more fitting solution. First and foremost, patients should have a good understanding of what kinds of concerns each treatment is designed to address. Generally speaking, a liquid facelift with fillers aims to add volume to deflated features, fill in deep facial lines, and smooth out certain contours – like a weak jawline. A PDO thread lift, on the other hand, is typically used to lift and tighten lax skin and sagging features, such as drooping jowls. Additional considerations that are important when deciding between fillers and thread lifting include:
- How long the procedure takes: Fillers can typically be injected in under an hour, while a PDO thread lift may take up to an hour or longer to perform.
- How painful the treatment is: A topical anesthetic is typically applied for both thread lifting and a liquid facelift to help minimize any discomfort the patient may experience
- Whether there is any downtime required: Patients may need to restrict strenuous physical activity for up to a week after a thread lift, though most patients are able to return to work and other daily routines almost immediately after either a thread lift or filler injections.
- How soon the results will become visible: Both thread lifting and fillers provide results that are visible almost instantly, but the final results of a PDO thread lift can take several weeks to develop. These results should continue to improve over the next several months as the patient’s natural collagen production ramps up.
- How long the results may last: On average, fillers need to be reinjected about once or twice a year, while the results of a PDO thread lift may last up to 2 –3 years.
Although it may seem overwhelming to decide whether a liquid facelift or thread lift is the best option for you, you don’t have to make the decision alone. During your initial consultation for a nonsurgical facelift in Las Vegas, Dr. Khorsandi will evaluate your concerns, discuss your ideal outcome, explain all of your treatment options at length, and help determine which one is most suitable for you.
Think surgery is your only option for looking younger? Think again! Consider nonsurgical facial rejuvenation in Las Vegas, NV
Whether you are in your 30s and are just starting out on your anti-aging journey, or you’ve been contemplating facial rejuvenation for a while now, we can help. To learn more about the benefits of nonsurgical facial rejuvenation, call VIP Plastic Surgery today to schedule your consultation for PDO threading or a liquid facelift in Las Vegas, NV with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi.