Which Brow Lift Technique Should I Use?
For many people, the forehead and brows are some of the first features to show visible signs of aging, which can occur as early as age 30. For others, a naturally heavy brow or droopy eyelids contribute to a prematurely old, tired, or angry appearance. To correct these concerns – and many more – board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi and the expert team at VIP Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, NV offer a full suite of brow lifting surgeries. In this blog, we’ll explore the differences between each type of brow lift, including how they work, what they’re intended for, and which one may be the most appropriate facial rejuvenation solution for you.
What is a brow lift?
The brow lift is a widely popular and transformative facial rejuvenation procedure designed to refresh the upper third of the face, focusing primarily on the forehead and eyebrows. Based on the patient’s specific concerns, goals, and other factors, Dr. Khorsandi will utilize a combination of techniques to achieve the most pleasing and longest-lasting outcome possible. These may include removing excess skin, lifting or reshaping the brows, smoothing and tightening the forehead, and more.
What can a brow lift help with?
Because there are several different brow lift approaches available, the procedure can help to address a wide range of concerns, including:
- Deep forehead lines
- Forehead wrinkles
- High forehead
- Heavy brow
- Downturned brows
- Drooping eyebrows
- Weak brow arch
- Saggy upper eyelids
- Crow’s feet
- Tired, angry, sad, or old appearance
Which kind of brow lift do I need?
During your initial consultation for a Las Vegas brow lift, Dr. Khorsandi will carefully evaluate a number of factors to determine which type of brow lift may be most suitable for you. Additionally, Dr. Khorsandi will use the 3D Vectra imaging system to take photos and create a simulation of how your results may look with a particular type of brow lift. Most often, brow lift surgery is performed using one of the following techniques:
- Traditional brow lift: Also called an open incision brow lift, this approach involves an incision well behind the hairline, allowing the scarring to be concealed even in patients who are at risk of developing a receding hairline in the future.
- Trichophytic brow lift: For patients at low risk of developing a receding hairline, this approach offers controlled lifting through an incision at the hairline. Because the incision is beveled, hair will be able to grow through it, helping to conceal any evidence of surgery.
- Hairline advancement brow lift: Patients with high foreheads who also desire a lifted brow can benefit from a brow lift with hairline advancement. Through an incision at the hairline, the brow can be lifted, while the distance between the hairline and eyebrows can be shortened.
- Lateral brow lift: Patients whose primary concerns involve eyebrows that turn down at the outer corners – often creating a perpetually sad appearance – may be candidates for a lateral brow lift.
- Endoscopic forehead lift: This technique involves a series of tiny incisions on the scalp, through which endoscopic instruments are used to lift and secure the brow. The minimally invasive nature of an endoscopic brow lift allows patients to return to work and other activities fairly quickly after surgery.
With the right approach and a highly skilled plastic surgeon, the results of brow lift surgery can last for decades to come.
Look younger, fresher, and lighter with brow lift surgery in Las Vegas, NV
If a heavy brow is weighing you down and making you look or feel older than you actually are, you may be a candidate for brow lift surgery. To learn more about the extensive range of brow lift techniques available at VIP Plastic Surgery, call to schedule your one-on-one consultation with top Las Vegas board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi today.