Which Kind Of Brow Lift Is Best For You? Learn Your Options
One of the many unavoidable effects of the aging process is a loss of skin elasticity. Gravity and other factors can contribute to sagging breasts, buttocks, and other parts of the body over time. For most men and women, however, the earliest and most noticeable signs of aging include drooping of the facial features. In addition to sagging jowls, heavy eyes and brows often make patients appear tired, angry, or older than they actually are. For these patients, brow lift surgery can be a life-changing solution to rejuvenate the face and restore a more youthful, soft, appealing look.
The award-winning team at VIP Plastic Surgery, led by renowned board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi, is proud to help men and women turn back the clock and achieve a look they love with brow lift surgery in Las Vegas, NV. You may be surprised to learn that there are multiple approaches for brow lift surgery, each of which is designed to address the patient’s specific concerns and goals. Discover the difference between each type of brow lift here, and find out which one may be best for you.
What does a brow lift do?
Before deciding which kind of brow lift is right you for, it is important to first understand what brow lift surgery actually does. A surgical brow lift is an effective solution for lifting the tissue that naturally sits at the brow line and smoothing the forehead for a more youthful, approachable appearance. Additionally, brow lift surgery can improve various cosmetic flaws involving the eyes, eyelids, and area around the eyes. Common signs and symptoms that may mean you could benefit from brow lift surgery in Las Vegas include:
- Heavy eyes
- Sagging upper eyelids
- Drooping brow
- Downturned eyebrows
- Downturned outer eyes
- Crow’s feet
- Deep forehead lines
- Asymmetry between brows
- High forehead
- Tired or angry appearance
How does brow lift work?
Dr. Khorsandi understands that each patient’s anatomy is unique, as are their personal concerns and goals. With this in mind, brow lift surgery can be custom-tailored to fit the needs of the patient. In some cases, Dr. Khorsandi may recommend that brow lift be combined with blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), facelift, or another complementary procedure in order to further enhance the results. Most often, brow lift surgery is performed using one of the following techniques:
- Coronal brow lift: Also known as the open brow lift or traditional brow lift, this approach involves a lengthy incision across the top of the head, deep within the hairline. The coronal method gives the surgeon a high level of control during the lift. Furthermore, the incision is made in a beveled fashion, which allows hair to grow through it and camouflage the resulting scar almost completely.
- Trichophytic brow lift: For patients who have a good forehead shape and a low risk for hair loss or hairline recession, the trichophytic brow lift is a fantastic option. The incision for this type of brow lift is made right at the natural hairline. Like the coronal incision, the trichophytic brow lift incision is also beveled and allows the hair to grow through it, minimizing the visibility of any scarring.
- Hairline advancement: During this kind of brow lift, the surgeon lifts and smoothes the brow while also excising a portion of the forehead skin and advancing the hairline. This can be a fitting option for men and women who have a naturally high forehead and want to decrease the distance between the hairline and eyebrows while also smoothing out lines and wrinkles.
- Lateral brow lift: The lateral brow lift focuses on the outer corners of the brows to correct downturned eyebrows that give patients a pronounced look of sadness.
- Endoscopic brow lift: For patients who prefer a less invasive approach and have more mild concerns, endoscopic brow lift is a wonderful option. Using a series of tiny incisions within the hairline and a specialized tool called an endoscope, Dr. Khorsandi is able to precisely lift and reposition the tissues for a more refreshed look without the need for a long, open incision. Another attractive feature of the endoscopic brow lift is that the recovery is often shorter and less extensive than the other types of brow lifts.
Which kind of brow lift is right for me?
The best way to determine which type of brow lift is right for you is to consult with a highly qualified, experienced, and skilled plastic surgeon. During your initial consultation, Dr. Khorsandi will carefully evaluate your face and discuss your concerns at length to determine whether brow lift surgery can help you achieve your ideal outcome. Using the advanced Vectra imaging system, Dr. Khorsandi will take 3D photos and help you understand what your results may look like with each type of brow lift.
Soften your look and feel more confident than ever with brow lift in Las Vegas, NV
If tired, drooping, heavy brows and deep forehead lines have you looking dramatically different than you actually feel, it may be time to consider brow lift surgery. Call our friendly team at VIP Plastic Surgery to schedule your one-on-one consultation with internationally renowned board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi today, or take advantage of a convenient online consultation if you prefer the comfort of your own living room. Either way, we look forward to helping you learn more about the endless possibilities that Las Vegas brow lift surgery has to offer!