With the increasing pressure to stay looking younger for longer, more and more men and women are turning to cosmetic surgery for help. Arguably, the most effective and exciting anti-aging procedure is the facelift, thanks to its ability to dramatically transform a patient’s look with long-lasting results. As with any cosmetic procedure, and particularly one as significant as facelift surgery, it is only natural for patients to wonder just how long the results will last before a touch-up or revision may be needed. The caring team at VIP Plastic Surgery, led by renowned board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi, fully understands the significant physical, financial, and emotional investment that goes into having cosmetic surgery and is committed to helping Las Vegas, NV facelift patients achieve – and preserve – their ideal results for as long as possible.
What does a facelift do?
Because facelift surgery is a fully customizable procedure, it can be used to address a wide variety of concerns, often making patients look up to ten years younger! For most men and women, the earliest signs of aging appear on the face in the form of fine lines and wrinkles around age 30 – 40. Topical agents and nonsurgical therapies are typically adequate for keeping age-related concerns at bay for a while, though many people notice progressive signs of aging around age 50 –60 and begin to explore more advanced and extensive treatment options, including facelift surgery. Some of the most common concerns that can be improved or corrected with a facelift include:
- Deep lines and wrinkles
- Deep facial folds (nasolabial folds)
- Sagging jowls
- Excess fat under the chin/neck
- Drooping brow
- Downturned mouth
- Mouth/lip lines
- “Tired” eyes
- Angry or worn-out appearance
During your initial facelift consultation in Las Vegas, NV, Dr. Khorsandi – Chief of Plastic Surgery at VIP Plastic Surgery – will carefully evaluate your face and skin, discuss your specific areas of concern, and answer all of your questions in great detail in order to curate a surgical plan that is custom-tailored to meet your individual needs.
How long does a regular facelift last?
The longevity of facelift results can vary from patient to patient. Personal factors, age, skin type, and the surgical approach all contribute to the final outcome of facelift surgery, including how long the results may last. For instance, younger men and women tend to achieve longer-lasting results, in part due to higher levels of collagen and elastin in their skin.
When it comes to traditional facelift surgery, often called a full facelift, patients are typically able to enjoy their stunning new look for about ten years before a touch-up or revision may be needed.
How to preserve a facelift
Many patients are curious about how they can prolong the results of their facelift and delay the need for a subsequent procedure in the future. While there is no way to stop the aging process altogether, there are certainly some things you can do to get the most miles out of your facelift and maintain your youthful appearance for as long as possible. Five of the most important facelift aftercare tips for preserving your results include:
1. Avoid sun exposure: Minimizing your exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays is always a good idea, whether you have had a facelift or not. Sun exposure is one of the leading causes of lines, wrinkles, sun damage, skin cancer, and other conditions.
2. Practice routine skin care: Regular cleansing and use of topical skin care agents is a fantastic way to keep your skin looking youthful and healthy. It is also important to incorporate sunscreen into your daily skin care routine whenever possible.
3. Stay hydrated: Eating a balanced diet and staying hydrated are two essential practices for preserving healthy, firm, glowing skin. Furthermore, getting plenty of nutrients and water following surgery can aid in the healing process.
4. Take advantage of nonsurgical treatments: Patients often choose to continue their regular cosmetic routines after a facelift to further enhance their look and prolong their results. Injectable dermal fillers, wrinkle relaxers, chemical peels, and laser treatments are all effective ways to keep your skin looking its best.
5. Choose a qualified facelift surgeon: Perhaps the most critical element of ensuring a successful procedure and beautiful, long-lasting results is to choose a highly qualified, experienced, and board-certified plastic surgeon in Las Vegas, NV to perform your facelift. Dr. Khorsandi is an expert in the various facelift techniques and utilizes the most advanced tools and technologies available to help patients achieve stunning, natural-looking results that will last for years to come.
Am I a good candidate for facelift?
Most men and women who are in good health, do not smoke, and have a fair amount of remaining skin elasticity can be considered ideal candidates for facelift surgery. Because there are quite a few different facelift methods available – including the SMAS facelift, midface facelift, short scar facelift, and others – it is important to be evaluated by a knowledgeable and experienced plastic surgeon to determine which approach may be right for you. In some cases, patients may even benefit by an alternative procedure, such as brow lift, or a nonsurgical liquid facelift.
If you are ready to finally take the first step in restoring a more youthful, vibrant, attractive look, call VIP Plastic Surgery in Las Vegas, NV to schedule your consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi. We are also proud to offer contactless online consultations that can be completed from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Take control of your confidence today, and let us help you turn back the hands of time with a facelift!