Who Is A Candidate For Nonsurgical Blepharoplasty?
If you are searching for a way to fight the early effects of aging and rejuvenate your look but aren’t quite ready for plastic surgery just yet, you’re in luck! The sweeping advances in cosmetic tools and technology now allow men and women to turn back the clock and achieve stunning results without the expense and downtime associated with surgery.
For many of us, the earliest signs of aging begin to appear on the face, and more specifically, around the eyes. While eyelid surgery is certainly an effective solution for these issues, many patients with more mild concerns are interested in a less invasive treatment option. Sought-after Las Vegas board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi and the professional team at VIP Plastic Surgery are proud to offer the most advanced treatments and procedures available to help patients look and feel their best, including nonsurgical blepharoplasty. Find out more about the exciting procedure here, and learn if it may be right for you.
What is blepharoplasty?
Sometimes called eyelid lift or eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty is a complex and delicate procedure designed to give men and women a softer, more youthful appearance by addressing various concerns involving the eyelids and area around the eyes. Blepharoplasty can be performed on the upper eyelid, lower eyelid, or both, depending on a patient’s specific needs and goals. Common issues that can be improved or corrected during blepharoplasty include:
- Droopy upper eyelids
- Hanging eyelids
- Hooded eyes
- Excess eyelid skin or fat
- Obstructed field of vision
- Asymmetric eyes
- Downturned eyes (“sad eyes”)
- Bulging undereyes
- Puffiness under the eyes
- Hollow circles under the eyes
- Eye bags
Are there any nonsurgical blepharoplasty alternatives?
For patients who may not qualify for surgical blepharoplasty, are not interested in surgery, or have early and mild concerns, Dr. Khorsandi may recommend a nonsurgical eyelid treatment. Whether you are looking for a way to fix droopy eyelids without surgery or have been curious about a noninvasive eye lift, nonsurgical blepharoplasty and complementary treatments can help. Most often, nonsurgical eyelid lift or blepharoplasty is performed using one or more of the following techniques:
- Injectables: By using a precise and strategic combination of injectable dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxers, including JUVÉDERM® and BOTOX®, Dr. Khorsandi can create a subtle, natural-looking, yet striking lift enhancement to the eye area. Concerns, including Crow’s feet, lines, and undereye circles, can be virtually eliminated using injectable treatments around the eyes. Patients should keep in mind that injectables will need to be re-administered every 4 – 12 months, depending on the product, to maintain results.
- PRP therapy: Another innovative anti-aging and skin rejuvenation treatment is PRP therapy, which utilizes a patient’s own blood to trigger the growth of new, healthy skin cells. PRP is often combined with microneedling, another nonsurgical procedure.
- Laser skin resurfacing: This advanced treatment helps to improve lines, wrinkles, and other flaws and can be used under and around your eyes. Again, laser skin resurfacing is often combined with complementary treatments for an even more beautiful outcome.
Is nonsurgical blepharoplasty right for me?
Ideal candidates for nonsurgical eyelid treatment are in good health, have mild to moderate concerns around the eyes, and have a good amount of remaining skin elasticity. It is important for patients considering nonsurgical blepharoplasty to have realistic expectations for their procedure and understand that the most dramatic and longest-lasting results are achievable through surgical intervention. However, nonsurgical blepharoplasty can certainly produce a striking, fresh new look that can be enjoyed for up to a year or longer, particularly when complementary treatments are performed.
The best way to find out with certainty if you are a good candidate for nonsurgical blepharoplasty is to be evaluated by a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. During your consultation, Dr. Khorsandi will thoroughly evaluate your concerns, assess your skin and facial structures, and determine whether nonsurgical treatments are likely to help you achieve your ultimate goals. For patients with more advanced signs of aging or concerns that need more extensive treatment – such as hanging upper eyelids – surgical blepharoplasty may be a more fitting option.
Let the world see your sparkling, sultry eyes with surgical or nonsurgical blepharoplasty in Las Vegas, NV
Whether you’re interested in dramatically transforming your look with cosmetic surgery or subtly enhancing your features with nonsurgical treatments, our expert team is here to help. Call VIP Plastic Surgery today schedule your one-on-one in-office or online consultation with award-winning board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi, and find out how blepharoplasty can turn back the clock and have you looking more awake, attractive, and youthful in less time than you think!