Four Nonsurgical Blepharoplasty Alternatives
There’s no doubt that a person’s eyes have a lot to do with their overall look. In fact, having droopy eyelids or wrinkles around the eyes can actually make a person appear tired, angry, or older than they actually are. Because many of the earliest signs of facial aging develop on the eyelids and around the eyes, more and more people are turning to cosmetic eyelid surgery to restore a more youthful look. If you are interested in rejuvenating your face but aren’t quite ready, willing, or able to undergo invasive surgery, there are a number of exciting nonsurgical alternatives to eyelid lift surgery. Award-winning board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi and the exceptional team at VIP Plastic Surgery are proud to offer the most advanced and effective surgical and nonsurgical eye lift techniques in Las Vegas, NV. Learn more about eyelid surgery here, and discover four breakthrough procedures that can give you stunning results without the expense and downtime of surgery.
What does eyelid surgery do?
Formally known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery or eyelid lift is a delicate procedure used to address various concerns involving the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both. Some of the most common issues that can be improved or corrected during blepharoplasty in Las Vegas include:
- Excess skin on the upper eyelids
- Hanging upper eyelids
- Droopy eyelids
- Obstructed field of vision
- Hooded eyes
- Loss of natural eyelid crease
- Bulging fat below the eyes
- Puffy undereyes
- Hollow circles under the eyes
- Tired, worn out, or overall angry appearance
During eyelid surgery in Las Vegas, Dr. Khorsandi will carefully place a thin incision in the upper crease of the eyelid, along the lower lash line, or both. The surgical technique will depend on the patient’s specific concerns, goals, skin tone, and other factors. Most often, a combination of skin excision, fat removal, and/or repositioning, and muscle tightening can result in a striking and youthful new look.
Can I get an eyelid lift without surgery?
There are a number of reasons that patients may prefer nonsurgical eye lift over a surgical procedure. For some, anesthesia may not be an option, while others are averse to the expense or downtime associated with surgery. Furthermore, younger patients with only mild to moderate signs of aging may not feel that their concerns justify invasive surgery just yet. In any of these situations, nonsurgical blepharoplasty alternatives can be beneficial. Dr. Khorsandi is committed to providing the most cutting-edge and effective treatments and procedures to help men and women achieve their ultimate goals in a way that best fits their needs and is proud to offer these four exciting nonsurgical blepharoplasty alternatives in Las Vegas:
1. Cosmetic injectables: The use of injectable dermal fillers, such as JUVÉDERM®, and wrinkle relaxers, such as BOTOX®, can produce stunning results with virtually no downtime. Oftentimes, a combination of both fillers and neurotoxins can help achieve the most dramatic enhancements by addressing various concerns, including hollow undereyes, dark circles under the eyes, and wrinkles or Crow’s feet around the eyes.
2. RF microneedling: Radiofrequency microneedling is another fantastic nonsurgical option for rejuvenating the skin and creating a more lifted, tighter, younger-looking eye area. During RF microneedling, which utilizes a topical numbing agent to make the treatment more comfortable, a specialized device will create tiny micro-injuries on the skin’s surface. This process disrupts the skin cells and stimulates the growth of new, healthy skin cells, resulting in a firmer, more youthful, glowing complexion. Additionally, radiofrequency energy stimulates cells deep under the surface to boost the production of collagen and elastin, further enhancing the results over the next several weeks and months. Because the intensity of RF microneedling is completely customizable, it is gentle enough to be used even on the delicate skin of the upper and lower eyelids, making it a fantastic nonsurgical alternative to blepharoplasty.
3. PRP therapy: Another innovative alternative for refreshing the eyes without surgery is platelet-rich plasma therapy. PRP is often combined with microneedling to boost its effects and achieve even more beautiful, longer-lasting results. During microneedling with PRP, a small amount of blood is drawn from the patient’s arm. The platelet-rich plasma is separated from the other components of the blood using a specialized centrifuge machine. In the meantime, the microneedling device is passed over the skin to create tiny punctures, which stimulate the growth of new, healthy skin cells on the surface. Finally, the PRP serum is massaged into the skin, stimulating the body’s healing process and the production of collagen and elastin for a firmer, more youthful skin texture and tone.
4. Laser skin resurfacing: With several highly advanced ablative and non-ablative laser treatment systems available, Dr. Khorsandi can help patients of virtually any skin type, tone, and color to address mild to severe concerns and achieve their desired goals. Ablative laser resurfacing is reserved for more advanced symptoms, such as severe sun damage and deep lines, while non-ablative treatments address more mild concerns and help regenerate the skin and boost collagen production.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Khorsandi and his knowledgeable team of skin rejuvenation experts will carefully evaluate your skin, discuss your concerns, and answer all of your questions before recommending a personalized treatment plan that best fits your needs.
Refresh your face and restore youthful, beautiful eyes with nonsurgical blepharoplasty alternatives in Las Vegas, NV
Whether you don’t qualify for surgery or simply aren’t interested in going under the knife, our team can help you get the results you want with nonsurgical eyelid lift in Las Vegas. Call VIP Plastic Surgery to schedule your private face-to-face or virtual consultation with internationally recognized board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Khorsandi today, and learn more about the compelling benefits of nonsurgical blepharoplasty!